EMV, cross-border and digital gift cards pose unique problems that have significantly impacted the fraud landscape and how merchants manage fraud. Based on Radial’s Annual Holiday Fraud Index Report, the Holiday Fraud Index infographic delves into these topics and reveals six valuable takeaways:
- CNP fraud garners the largest share of fraudulent activity with fraud attack rates increasing in nearly every market segment.
- Some cross-border countries represent greater risk, while others offer higher sales potential.
- Cross-border attack rates drop significantly on Cyber Monday.
- Digital gift card fraud spikes after December 25.
- Digital gift card attack rates soar for some billing and shipping domains and payment tenders during the holidays.
- IP locations and credit card bank identification number (BIN) carry different risk factors for digital gift card purchases.
Find out how you can be more right than wrong this holiday season.